Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 11, 2010

"Pre-amble" - Jeff King (Catalyst)
"It doesn't stop" - Mike Pride's From Bacteria To Boys (Betweenwhile)
"Ganesha triumphant" - Thai Elephant Orchestra (Elephonic rhapsodies)
"Yansa" - Chucho Valdes (Chucho's steps)
"Senor (tales of yankee power)" - Tim O'Brien (Red on blonde)
"Rubbed raw" - Insantree (Wouldwarr)
"I could be you" - Hubert Sumlin (Blues guitar boss)
"Breathe deep" - Choice Makurz (A new beginning)
"Variation 1" - Marc Ribot (Silent movies)
"Ghorous" - Natacha Atlas (Mounqabiba)
"Transfiguration" - Nigel Kennedy Quintet (Shhh!)
"Mr. X" - The Velvetones (Surfer's mood)
"Metalix déjà vu" - Matthias Lupri (After hours: moonlamps & other ballads)
"Smashed teeth" - Cowpuncher (Cowpuncher)
"Sidney Wells"- Richard Thompson (Dream attic)
"Bill Hickman at home" - The Bad Plus (Never stop)
"Blockhead" - The Monks (Next stop, Soweto, vol. 2: soultown, R & B, funks & psych sounds from the townships 1969-1976)
WKRP turkey drop
"Daddy longlicks" - Joe Robinson (6 string theory)
"What do you think happens when you get too far from your home?'" - Peripheral Vision (Peripheral Vision)
"Two ko la dami" - Tunji Oyelana & The Benders (Nigeria Special Vol.2: modern highlife afro-sounds and nigerian blues)
"Modulotion" - Carnatic (Modulotion)
"Robert Palmer tribute coda (live excerpt)" - Robert Poss (Settings: music for dance, film, fashion and industry)
"Ghost wave" - The Vistas (Surfer's mood)
"4 is a feeling" - The Glenious Inner Planet (The Glenious Inner Planet)
"Boom town girls" - The Swan Project (The Swan Project)
"Corktown" - Huron (Huron)
"Portrait: 1. frame (prelude)" - Robert Aitken (Neue bilder: music of/musique de James Harley)

First off, apologies for not posting a little earlier. I had hoped to get this list up sometime on Tuesday but it just didn't happen; my plate is kinda full these days.

Another fun show, I thought, this time providing the soundtrack for Canadian Thanksgiving. I trust everyone had a great holiday weekend and got their fill of turkey (or acceptable alternate food product).

CJSW Funding Drive 2010 will be starting on Friday, October 22. I'm hoping everyone can listen in and, if possible, contribute. I'll be away in Boston on the day of the Breaking The Tethers Funding Drive show so veteran CJSW programmer and station music director-on-leave Myke Atkinson will be taking my place. Myke will do great things in my absence. I'll try to call once or twice that morning and there will be a stash of cool incentives for pledgers, including some mix CDs (more on this in a separate posting).

I'll also be away for the Monday, November 1 program. I think Myke might also be taking the reins that day but I'm not sure; I'll find out what the story is. I'll be back on the air on Monday, November 8.

Andrew

No comments: