Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016

http://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20161031/

The Halloween show, though I didn't do anything along this theme.  I did decide to keep the talking to a minimum and mostly play music.  To that end, I began the program with a 30-minute piece ("Oblivion and forgetting always win in the end" by J@K@L with Michael Attias from their Static adieu album; I have no idea how to pronounce the name of the group - I think I botched it both times I tried!), with no breaks.  And then I played a whopping four more tracks in the remaining half-hour.  I think I talked on air only three times.  Also, everything in today's show was "new"; it'll be back to the usual mix of old and new next week.

Many thanks to everyone who pledged on the Breaking The Tethers funding drive edition last week.  To be honest, not much money was raised during this show but Linda and I had a good time and we kept the momentum going.  The station itself did great, matching and breaking both the main and stretch goals!  Many thanks as well to everyone who pledged during the drive, regardless of which show they pledged to.

Andrew

No comments: