Wednesday, February 20, 2019

February 18, 2019

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20190218

This was my first program back after a week away (I went to Edmonton).  I thought this was a solid show.  I ended up playing a bit more new material than I expected but I still took a couple of trips into the past, including playing some Art Blakey and The Messengers from 1958.

On that note, I could only put in the main title for the Blakey piece that was played so here's the full name:

The drum thunder suite
First theme: drum thunder
Second theme: Cry a blue tear
Third theme: Harlem's disciples


I also did a bad thing and forgot to thank Linda Cunningham on air for hosting the show on Monday\, February 11. So, many thanks, Linda!

Next week's edition of Breaking The Tethers, on Monday, February 25, 10-11 am MT. 90.9 FM, cjsw.com, will likely be much like this one. That is, music you could call jazz, some old, some new, different styles, different lengths, etc.

Andrew







No comments: