Sunday, March 24, 2024

March 4, 2024

Here's a BTT program I forgot to post about, March 4. It was mostly newly-released stuff this week. Here's a few tracks I particularly dug:

The Lori Bell Quartet with a jazz flute version of Joe Henderson's "Black narcissus". Joe's version (from Power to the people) is still the best but I quite dug this one.

"Passing ships" by Andrew Hill, from the album of the same name (which was recorded in 1969 but not released until 2003). Super-horn heavy album.

"Snafu" by Yusuf Lateef from the reissued Eastern sounds. I've really been digging this record. I've played a number of tracks on BTT over the last several weeks.

"KRITN" by the Budos Band from their recent release, the EP Frontier's edge. The Budos Band are always fun to play.

That's enough of a hint about this show. You can listen to it here.

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: