Monday, June 24, 2024

June 24, 2024

Sometimes, things come out a bit different than expected. In the case of the June 24 program, I thought this was going to be a mid-range kinda show; a little freaky plus some less freaky. Well, it turns out that the freaky won out. Even though I’d heard them all before, the songs were a tad stranger than I thought they were, which is not a bad thing. Part of this is due to the fact that one of the songs I played, “Two-face” by Chris Lightcap’s Bigmouth, was not the song I planned to play (this was “Fuzz”, from the same album, Deluxe, which I’ll get to a some point in the future). But it was a happy accident; “Two-face” ended up being more in the out there side of town than the scheduled tune. You can listen to what I’m talking about here.

For next week’s show, on Monday, July 1, as happens sometimes, I will be away (just for that episode). Filling in for me will be Brennan Chaudry. Brennan has hosted BTT a number of times in the past. He’s always done a great job and will do the same next week. Tune in from 10 to 11 am MT at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM.

Thanks,

Andrew

No comments: