Tuesday, October 15, 2024

October 14, 2024

This was Thanksgiving Day in Canada (and Columbus Day in the US, though I didn't mention this on air). I picked a nice mix of tunes, I think, to celebrate Turkey Day. Well, I didn't really select them with that day in mind but it was a good group of tracks. Here are three faves:

"Claude Bolling suite for cello and jazz piano trio 6: cello fan" by Sahara Von Hattenberger - A classical meets jazz kinda thing that swings and has a solid structure.

"Interception" by the Dave Holland Quartet - From one of my favourite jazz albums, Conference of the birds. Definitely avant-garde but also quite accessible in a way.

"Rapacious" by Matt Mitchell - An out-there take on the jazz piano trio. Appropriately titled.

Here's where you can listen to this show: shorturl.at/yq8qM

Join me for the next edition of Breaking The Tethers on Monday, October 21, at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM, from 10 to 11 am MT. This will be a notable program in that it
will be the 2024 CJSW Funding Drive show for Breaking The Tethers! More on this in another post soon!

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: