Thursday, June 13, 2019

June 10, 2019

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20190610

This show was much like other recent shows, with a fair chunk of new material, nothing too old, and leaning a bit out there.  In terms of release date, there was actually nothing played that wasn't from this century.  Aside from my occasional "all new" programs, I don't think I've done this ever before; there's almost always a tune or two from the last century (I know we're almost 20 years into the 21st century but it still feels a little weird saying that).

This week's fave: "Mama koto" by the Art Ensemble of Chicago, celebrating their 50th anniversary. I particularly dug the synthesizers on this track.

Next BTT: Monday, June 17, 10-11 am MT, 90.9 FM, cjsw.com. Hope you can join me!

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: