Wednesday, April 21, 2021

April 19, 2021

This was a music-filled, 13 track BTT episode. There was a definite lean to the avant, especially in the middle section of the show, but I would say that a number of jazz bases were touched upon. Some faves from me:

"Song for my friends" by Abdullah Sami. Some great guitar work here on this NYC loft jazz classic.

"Dismal swamp" by Charles Lloyd & the Marvels. Jazz flute! And pedal steel guitar!

"More than human" by Wayne Shorter. Shorter getting out there on a favourite of mine.

"Exit music (for a film)" by the Art of Time Ensemble. They do a nice job with the Radiohead classic.

"Sunshine superman" by Dr. Lonnie Smith. And Iggy Pop! And it works!

"Where can I listen to this?!" you ask yourself. Go here!

The next Breaking The Tethers episode will be on Monday, April 26 (last Monday in April! time is passing...). Join me at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM form 10-11 am MT.

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: