Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May 24, 2021

There was definitely an out-there lean to the music on today's show, though not exclusively (e.g. the song by Erin Propp and Larry Roy was pretty mellow). My favourite tracks were probably "Frankenstein" by Archie Shepp, which I thought was a really good way to start the program, and "Mais non" from the Hugh Hopper Band, the late Hugh being a favourite of mine. And, of course, it's always fun to play the Aaron Keele version of the Smith's "What difference does it make". You can take it all in at bit.ly/34eyF4I

What will we get next week? As always, tune in to find out! Go to cjsw.com or 90.9 FM from 10 to 11 am MT on Monday, May 31.

Thanks.

Andrew

PS I accidentally chopped off the first couple of minutes of the show. The podcast begins with the start of Shepp's "Frankenstein"; the only thing missing are my introductory words (which is probably no great loss 😆) Apologies for this.

No comments: