Sunday, December 20, 2020

December 14, 2020

Almost caught up now! A few words on the Dec. 14 BTT episode:

*I played a track from Ahmad Jamal in the summer and thought I would return to him here, with the first song in the show, a live version of "Manhattan reflections". This one is interesting in that Jamal plays both acoustic piano and Fender Rhodes, the latter a rarity with him.

*I really dug Jorja Smith's version of St. Germain's "Rose rouge", my fave track from the Tourist album.

*"Slappin' truck" by Chord Four is a fine track instrumentally but, like "Snorkel cows" the previous week, I couldn't resist playing it just because of the title.

*And yes, I did play some straight up prog, the short song "The spider" by Kansas. Sounds like jazz to me :-)

Feed this show to your ears at bit.ly/2WzHDFK.

Join me for the next Breaking The Tethers show on Monday, December 21, 10-11 am MT, cjsw.com or 90.9 FM. This will be a kind-of Christmas program, with a few Christmasy things (e.g. two Christmas sound collages) mixed with the usual BTT fare. 

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: