Sunday, December 27, 2020

December 21, 2020

As this program was before Christmas Day (though by four days), I figured I'd make this one the "Christmas" episode. Mostly, it was a usual Breaking The Tethers show with a few Xmas items, including some local holiday weirdness from Bent Spoon duo with Jay Crocker and two sound collages, one from Wayne Butane and the other from Alias Frequencies. The latter is called “Merry Fucking Christmas”  (though it doesn’t include the word “fucking” in the actual piece) and, while I’ve played it many times in the past, it’s never got the reaction it did this week; I got texts and emails about it, including requests to play it again. You can listen to the whole show at https://bit.ly/2KCIF1m.

Please join me for the next BTT program and the last one of the bad + weird year that has been 2020. It’ll be on the usual time, Monday, December 28, 10-11 am MT, at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM. And, yes, I’m going to play “Merry Fucking Christmas” again :-)

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: