Sunday, July 21, 2024

July 18, 2024 - Alternative To What?

I am always very pleased to fill in on the (very) long-running CJSW program, Alternative To What, normally hosted by Kerry Clarke. This week, Kerry was away so I was deputized to host ATW in her stead (thanks Kerry!) When I host this show, I go all over the musical map, as I am wont to say. To give you an idea of the broadness of the 20 tracks I played, my summary one the ATW home page, read:

Sounds this week, among others: bagpipes, 70s jazz, 60s jazz, hard rock, avant garde, murder songs, death surf, indo-psych-rock, Afro-rock, noise, punk, latin jazz, dark ambient, and noise!

It was a fun show to host and a fun show to listen to (I hope!). You can take in this episode of Alternative To What here.

I get another kick at the ATW can soon, so to speak; Kerry will be away for one more week. So, join me on Thursday, July 15, from 4 to 6 pm MT, at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM.

As well, I'll be doing my regular program, Breaking The Tethers, on Monday, July 22, from 10 to 11 am MT, same radio station.

Thanks.

Andrew


No comments: