Monday, January 6, 2020

December 30, 2019

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20191230

The last show of 2019.  I decided not to do anything special, just play some good tunes to close out the year.  One specific thing I did do was to play a long piece, in this case "Utica box" by the Dan Weiss Trio Plus 1 (the plus 1 is a second bass player), from the recently-released album of the same name. In the past, I often used to start BTT with a long track (and/or a new tune by a Canadian group or performer); I haven't done that too much recently but I figured the last program of 2019 was a good occasion to return to this, at least for one show.

Fave track of the week: "You are free to choose" by Junius Paul. A great track from a great record.

Thanks for listening.

Andrew

No comments: