Monday, May 25, 2020

May 25, 2020

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20200525/

This was the last of three "all-new" shows (for now; I'll have them again in the future) in a row. Next week, I'll likely go back to the more usual "mixed-date" format for a while. I have thought about doing some "almost-new" programs, featuring material from 2019 one week, 2018 the next, etc. (you get the idea); maybe that'll happen sometime?

I definitely dug everything played this week. Perhaps my favourite track was the first one, "Silver dollar" by Threadbare. Some nice, loud free jazz to wake all the sleepyheads mid-morning. I liked how the band made a bass clarinet sound like an electric guitar from a metal band.

Next week, Breaking The Tethers will be on Monday, June 1 (June already!), 10-11 am MT, 90.9 FM or cjsw.com.  Your presence is very welcome!

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: