Saturday, June 20, 2020

June 15, 2020

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20200615

The usual mixed bag of sounds this week, with a definite slant to more recent content (I think the oldest track was "Forget me not" by Dan Adler, which came out in 2018) and a bit of a lean to straight-ahead jazz.  Perhaps my favourite track was Aimee-Jo Benoit's version of "Norwegian wood"; I'm not a big vocal jazz fan nor am I big on covers of well-known songs but I thought this worked well and I quite liked her voice.

Two episodes of BTT left in this month. Join me for the next episode on Monday, June 22, from 10-11 am MT, on cjsw.com or 90.9 FM.  It shall be a good show (as always! but then I'm biased! 😁. )

Thanks!

Andrew

PS It's summer solstice 2020 in about two hours, as I type. Happy summer! Happy solstice!

No comments: