Tuesday, August 23, 2022

August 22, 2022

A music-packed episode of Breaking The Tethers this week. Not too much talk, plenty of tunes, in different styles. My faves were "Woven forest" by Janel Leppin, "First movement" by Maupin & Rudolph, and "Bike lane" by Richard Undersell. Also of note, I fit in three short tracks, by Jon Batiste and Cody Chesnutt, from the soundtrack of the Disney Pixar film, Soul, which has a jazz theme; they made nice fillings in a few musical sandwiches, so to speak.

Next week, on Monday, August 29, there will be a BTT show but I won't be there. I'll be away that day but  once again, Tim Mah, host of Jazz Today, will be holding the fort. Tune in to hear Tim from 10 to 11 am MT, at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM. I'll be back behind the boards on Monday, September 5.

Thanks.

Andrew

 

No comments: