Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December 4, 2007

Here's the setlist for this past Tuesday. I had hoped to get it up yesterday or on Tuesday but I'm still fighting that three-week-long cold and I took myself out of action for most of yesterday. Sorry for the delay. I think (hope) I'm on the mend now.

"Punchy" - Brad Turner Quartet (Small wonder)
"Nardis "- Eddie Gomez (Dedication)
"One world family" - Kahil El'Zabar & David Murray (We is: live at the Bop Shop)
"Virement manuel et pincage" - Michel F. Cote ((juste) Claudette)
"Val C" - Alain Caron (Conversations)
"Eamonn Andrews" - Soft Machine (Orange skin food)
"Curse fraction" - Steve Lehman Quintet (On meaning)
"Upside downes" - Ron Davis (Subarashi live)
"Life fragments" - Avi Granite (9 red tree)
"Miss Kaba" - Erik Truffaz (Arkhangelsk)
"Spectrum" - The Tony Williams Lifetime (Emergency)
"Come on let's go" - Darren Barrett (The attack of wren)
"Unmistakably Monk" - Mike Allen & George McFetridge (Threads)
"I am the walrus" - Tony Wilson 6tet (Pearls before swine)
"March of the magi" - Simon Fisk/Stephen Fisk/Tim Fisk (Calm adibe: Christmas reflections)
"Sinster two" - Wilson/Lee/Bentley (Escondido dreams)
"Adam's road" - Tex Allen (The Tex Allen song book)
"Attempted" - The Nels Cline Singers (Draw breath)
"Life light" - The Jason Lindner Big Band (Live at the Jazz Gallery)
"We'll be together again" - The Rosemary Galloway Quartet (Live at the Montreal Bistro)
"Other side of the sun" - The David Joel Quartet (Spiral sky)

Lots of brand new and almost-brand new items in this show, much of it Canadian. I was particularly fond of the Tony Wilson 6tet's version of "I am the walrus" and "Life light" by the Jason Lindner Big Band, which has a great bass solo (apologies to the guy who called asking about this track; I didn't mean to be abrupt with you but the tune was just about to end and I had to move levers, push buttons, and talk). It was also nice to play some more Soft Machine, one of my fave UK jazz-rock bands.

It looks like I'll be doing my usual slot on Christmas Day. Right now, I plan to do a Christmas freak-out of sorts. I won't give too much away but I plan to take the show into some kinda crazed territory (more crazed than usual, I mean).

Andrew

No comments: