Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016

Leap year day!  Here's the tracklist and podcast: http://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20160229/.

In celebration of Black History Month (Feb. 29 being the last day of the Month), I figured I would play a selection of jazz from Africa, the Mother Continent.  I didn't have a particular theme; I just pulled together some music with strong African connections and featured it on the show.  Most but not all of the tunes had been played on BTT before, at some point in the last 9.5 years.

I'm not sure what form next week's program will take.  It might end up being an all-new show as many new CDs and digital files have come my way recently.

I won't be on air on Monday, March 21. Linda Cunningham will be taking the reins of Breaking The Tethers that day and will do her usual great job!  Thanks in advance, Linda!

Andrew

No comments: