Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February 16, 2018 (Alternative To What?)

http://cjsw.com/program/alternative-to-what/episode/20180215

No Breaking The Tethers (BTT) here!  This was a guest-hosting gig on Alternative To What? (ATW), one of the longest-running programs on CJSW (it might be the longest now), hosted by Kerry Clarke.  Kerry was unavailable this week so she kindly let me loose on her show. Many thanks, Kerry!

I always like hosting ATW, for two main reasons.  First, it's two hours long, which allows me to go an hour longer than my usual show, Breaking The Tethers.  More time for more music!  Second, the wide musical scope of ATW means that I can play a dog's breakfast of music (not that I don't lean in this direction on BTT), which I think I did on ATW this week e.g. I played a Bob Dylan gospel tune, "Blessed is the name, and a song from a "satanic" group, Coven, "The white witch of Rose Hall".

Andrew

No comments: