Friday, May 3, 2019

April 29, 2019

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20190429

The first thing I need to do here is to note the recent passing of Linda Cunningham, longtime CJSW volunteer and occasional host and co-host of Breaking The Tethers. Linda filled in for me quite often (as recently as March 25) and we hosted several BTT Christmas and Funding Drive shows together; those two shows this year will be lonely without her.  I got to know Linda over the last few years and I have to say she was quite the character.  She was sick but I thought she'd be around a bit longer. She'll be missed by me, her CJSW family, and many more.

Anyway, this show ended up being another all-new program. I had planned to play some older material from a handful of CDs from home but I left them at home (I've done this before!).  So, I just went with the new stuff at the station. It ended up being a pretty good show, with a large number of tunes played (for a jazz program), a fair amount of Canadian content, etc.

The main event for next week's edition of Breaking The Tethers will be a live performance by Winnipeg's own Apollo Suns!  They were on my show about a year ago and are very kindly returning as they tour behind their new release, Dawn offerings (apollosunswpg.bandcamp.com/).  Tune in for some great live music on Monday, May 6, 10-11 am MT, 90.9 FM, cjsw.com.

Thanks!

Andrew

No comments: