Thursday, November 4, 2021

November 1, 2021

This was the first BTT show after the 2021 CJSW funding drive. I figured I needed to start with a bang of sorts so I went with perhaps the wildest track from the recently-unearthed-and-released Live in Seattle: a love supreme by John Coltrane (I love the fact that there's a new Coltrane album coming out pretty much every year these days!). The other tracks were great too and fit together nicely. I particularly point out the medley by Gilgamesh; for me, it's always good to get into another Canterbury sound group.

More thanks again to those who pledged on Breaking The Tethers (and on other CJSW programs) during last week's drive. I don't have a final list of names and numbers yet but I'll share this (first names only, of course) when I do get them.

Show number 2 of November 2021 will be on Monday, Nov. 8, from 10 to 11 am MT, at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM. Join me if you can! (and I very much hope you can!)

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: