Sunday, November 28, 2021

November 22, 2021

Maybe more straight-ahead sounds this week but still some kicking stuff. Some notes on this show:

*I played two recently-released tracks from the prolific Christian McBride, as bookends in the first set of tunes. I could have played a third one from another new McBride release but I’ll throw that one onto the tracklist for a future program.

*I played some Stan Getz for the first time in ages. It might have been the first ever non-Brazilian Stan Getz track I’ve put on BTT. 

*The show finished off with a Oscar Peterson piece, recorded live with the jazz guitar great Joe Pass in his band. As with Getz, it’s been a long time since Peterson has appeared on Breaking The Tethers.

You can listen to the whole program here.

Join me for more great music on Monday, November 29, from 10 to 11 am MT at cjsw.com or 90.9 FM.

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: