Friday, July 1, 2022

June 27, 2022

Another fine show this week, much in the vein of the June 20 program, I think (others may think different and that's cool, too). My top tracks:

"Abandoned" by the Matthew Shipp Trio. A new release. I always dig what Shipp puts out. I haven't played music by him in far too long.

"We now interrupt for a commercial" by Ornette Coleman. Late 60s Ornette, a period I am less familiar with but I am enjoying it as I get into it.

"Jessica" by Bruce Kaphan and group. It's a cover of the Allman Brothers song, which is a point in my book, plus it's pedal steel-led jazz, which is an interesting sound and not common.

Next week's Breaking The Tethers episode is up on Monday, July 4, 10 to 11 am MT, cjsw.com or 90.9 FM. Join me, please!

Thanks.

Andrew

PS For anyone who heard the first few minutes of this show, yes, there was supposed to be a band interview but it didn't happen. Apologies for any confusion.

No comments: