Saturday, July 15, 2023

July 10, 2023

Mostly new material played this week with some older stuff tucked in. Some notes:

*On the July 3 program, I featured a fair amount of jazz-rock and fusion. I thought I’d make a connection to that program by starting off with some Return To Forever.

*The present-day line-up of Soft Machine put out a new album, Other voices, at the end of June. I picked it up, of course, and played a track today, a new version of the classic piece from Third, “Backwards” (it’s the latter section of “Slightly all the time” on Third).

*I’m not big on vocal jazz (to say the least, some would say) but I did play some today, a song called “Reverie” by Nicole Zuratis from her recent release, How love begins.

*Apart from Soft Machine, I managed to squeeze in some more Canterbury sound music, at the end of the show, “Waltz for Nobby” by Hugh Hopper & Alan Gowan. 

Listen here for the full show.

Next show: Monday, July 17, at the usual time, 10 to 11 am MT, at the usual place, cjsw.com or 90.9 FM.

Thanks.

Andrew

No comments: