Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30, 2009

"Rules of play" - Ralf Buschmeyer (Renewal)
"Kungusisches arbeitslied: miemand weiss hinten, wie er vorn dran ist" - Davis/Ulrich/Baumann/Lutek/Richards/Jefferson (Urs Blochlinger Tribute)
"You take care of me" - The Jerrold Dubyk Quartet (The maverick)
"Call centre labyrinth" - Led Bib (Sensible shoes)
"Blue plate special" - Will Bernard (Blue plate special)
"Transitoire 4" - Nigel Kennedy Quartet (A very nice album)
"Still life" - Jon Miller Quartet (Orchidology)
"Aung San Suu Kyi" - Laura Klein & Ted Wolff (Cerulean blue)
"Travels parts 3 & 4" - Positive catastrophe (Garabatos volume one)
"Color" - Lee Konitz and Minsarah (Deep Lee)
"MCT-4 with duos" - Bruce Friedman (O.P.T.I.O.N.S.)
"Chamacos" - Roberto Occhipinti (A bend in the river)
"Willisau suite 2" - Sexmob with John Medeski (Sexmob meets Medeski: live in Willisau 2006)
"La reine de la salle" - John Hebert (Byzantine monkey)
"Phobos" - Darcy James Argue's Secret Society (Presents infernal machines)
"Basic botany" - Carl Maguire's Floriculture (Sided silver solid)

There were two features this week. First, all the music played could be said to be "new" or "fairly recently released" (e.g. late 2008). I didn't plan the show to be this way but, once I saw the amount of new stuff that was on deck, I said "what the heck" and went for it. Second, there were a number of quite long pieces played. Nothing odd there (it is jazz; tunes can be lengthy) but there were more than usual and only 16 tracks were played over three hours.

I might be away next week, I might not be. I could do the show but something has popped where it would be best if I passed on Breaking The Tethers on July 7. So, you might hear my voice in seven days or not. I'll definitely be on the air on July 14, barring disaster.

Andrew

No comments: