Monday, July 4, 2016

Monday, July 4, 2016 - 10th Anniversary!

http://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20160704

This was the 10th anniversary show for Breaking The Tethers.  BTT first went on air at CJSW on Tuesday, July 4, 2006.  It was a three-hour program and I played 28 tracks during that time.  Today (Monday, July 4, 2016), ten years later, I dipped into those 28 and managed to play a mix of 10 pieces of music (actually, 9 pieces of music and 1 comedy number) in one hour, commemorating that first show a decade ago.  It was a lot of fun to take a look back and I very much enjoyed playing the tracks, almost all of which are personal favourites of mine.

Note: On the podcast, I managed to not record my introduction and the first few moments of the first track, "Lonnie's lament" by John Coltrane.  Apologies for this.

Next week's show, on Monday, July 11, 10 am MT, will basically be a regular Breaking The Tethers episode.  I'm thinking I might play a few tracks with some sort of connection to the 10th anniversary but I'll mostly feature some unrelated newly-released music and take a few trips into the past.

Andrew

No comments: