Friday, January 18, 2019

January 14, 2019

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20190114/

This was the first "regular" edition of Breaking The Tethers for 2019 (the January 7 program was a "best of 2018" show).  Well, maybe not that regular.  I planned to do an "all-new" show regardless but I figured I would make it an "all-Canadian, all-new" show, something I don't think I've ever done.  I believe I've had a few all-Canadian programs and I've done many all-new editions of BTT but I don't think I've actually put the two together before.  Anyway, I think it worked well, nicely showcasing 10 recent Canadian jazz(-ish) tunes (including two tracks from the just-released Musicworks compilation, #132).  Fave title from this week: "Squish it" by Lina Allemano (who I mistakenly called Lisa; my apologies).

Next week's program is going to be another "all-new" show.  I'm undecided at this point but I might even do another "all-Canadian, all-new" thing... we'll see...  At any rate, please join me on Monday, January 21, 10-11 am MT, 90.9 FM, cjsw.com.

As always, thanks for listening!

Andrew

No comments: