Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28, 2018

https://cjsw.com/program/breaking-the-tethers/episode/20190128/

This was another "all-new" edition of Breaking The Tethers, the last such show for a while.  For the next program, on Monday, February 4 (10-11 am MT, 90.9 FM or cjsw.com), I'll go back to the more usual format of BTT and play a mix of old and new material. Anyway, here's a few notes from this week's program:

*I fit in two John Coltrane pieces, "Alabama" and "Your lady", which is always a good thing. Both originally appeared on Coltrane's Live at Birdland release but were recently re-released as part of the 1963: new directions package.

*I very much liked the cover of the Beatles' "Julia" by GADAU, especially the distinctive vocals.

*It was kind of "difficult word day" on Breaking The Tethers. Two alone could have tripped me up, "Chemiluminescence" (by Adam Hopkins) and "Quintessence" (by Jazzlab Orchestra), but I managed to get them out clean, more than once.  Sometimes, it's the simple (or simpler) words that twist my tongue in knots.

Andrew

No comments: