Monday, December 7, 2009

December 7, 2009

"Destinos" - Billy Cobham and Asere (Jazz around the world)
"No man's land" - Bill Frisell (Is that you?)
"Song h" - Yannick Rieu (Spectrum)
"Billie's bounce" - Greg Burk (Ivy trio)
"Dance of the cosmo aliens" - Sun Ra (Disco 3000)
"Follow the leader" - Bobby Selvaggio (Unspoken dialogue)
"Ice mountain" - Spyro Gyra (Down to the wire)
"Gratte-moi le dos" - Vivian Houle (Trieze)
"Oxamu" - Andy Narell (Live in South Africa)
"Vietnam 1" - Revolutionary Ensemble (Vietnam 1 & 2 (at the peace church))
"323 shuter" - The Cory Weeds Quintet (Everything's coming up weeds)
"Yegelle tezeta" - Mulatu Astatke (NewYork-Addis-London: The story of Ethio jazz 1965-1975)
"Invocation" - Melody Diachun (EQ )
"Dead sea" - Fred Frith (Impur II)
"Joy: spiritual fire: joy" - Wadada Leo Smith (Spiritual dimensions)
"To undertake my corners open" - Henry Threadgill Zooid (This brings us to, volume I)
"Suite for the wolfman: the tribe" - Barry Romberg's Random Access (Was shall why because)
"Stimming" - The Rick Jensen Trio (Snowdrift)
"Summer hair" - Canaille (Potential things)


This was a showfill for the Monday morning jazz program on CJSW, The Jazz Baby. The regular host, Kat Lord, couldn't make it this week so I filled in. I very much liked the line-up of tunes this week; the tracklist was put together with a little less care and a little more haste than usual but things worked out well. I was particularly fond of the music that was new to me, including the Revolutionary Ensemble and the Sun Ra track (not that Sun Ra is new to me, of course, but the track I played was).

I'll be back on air tomorrow with Breaking The Tethers, the second last show until my break.

Andrew

No comments: