Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010

"Resident alien" - Ramona Bothwick (One of us)
"Introduction to my favorite things" - John Coltrane (Live at the Village Vanguard again)
"My favorite things" - John Coltrane (Live at the Village Vanguard again)
"I was born" - Eri Yamamoto Trio (In each day, something good)
"Na casa de Zeze" - Nicolas Krassik (Cacua)
"Blue pepper" - Triodes (Chunked)
"Ballad for a crumbling infrastructure" - Ryan Blotnick (Everything forgets)
"Space of no pain" - Kahil El'Zabar's Tri-Factor (CIMPosium - volume 7)
"Expansion" - Pat Metheny (Orchestrion)
"Weirdo march" - Eric Vloeimans (Bitches and fairy tales)
"Circus '68 '69" - Charlie Haden (Liberation Music Orchestra)
"Squatters" - James Carney Group (Ways & means)
"Jericho's legacy" - Alain Trudel (Jericho's legacy)
"Moon bird" - Myra Melford's Be Bread (The whole tree gone)
"Leo soul" - Ehran Elisha Ensemble (CIMPosium - volume 5)
track 5 - Chris Dadge (The tangled woof of fact)
"Paris part I" - Keith Jarrett (Testament: Paris-London)
"Shadows across the land' - Chris Cody Coalition (Oasis)
"Reaching" - Michelle Gregoire (Reaching)
"Lonnie's lament" - John Coltrane (Afro-blue impressions)

This was the last Breaking The Tethers show in its original time and day, Tuesday morning, 6-9 am. It was pretty much a normal show though I included a few old favorites (e.g. the May 1966 performance of "My favorite things" from Live at the Village Vanguard again). Interestingly, I ended up playing a fair number of tunes that come from 1998 or 1999; I'm sure how to explain that... oh well. The last piece on the program, "Lonnie's lament", was the first thing I played on Breaking The Tethers on the first show, July 4, 2006. As today's show is an ending of sorts, I thought it was fitting that the last track should, in a sense, echo the first. In addition, today's "Lonnie's lament" was the 4000th piece of music played on Breaking The Tethers.

I'll be away for about a week and will return on Monday, March 1 to host Breaking The Tethers in its new day and time and with a revamped format.

Andrew

No comments: